Sarah Sayeed is a UK based composer, musician and writer who has worked across the music and arts industry sectors for over 15 years.
She has performed nationally and internationally to include Brighton Fringe (Brighton / UK), The Sydney Festival (Sydney / Australia), Images of Asia and at Little Vega (Copenhagen / Denmark). Sarah is currently co-writing and producing work with Danish musician Anne Eltard as part of Folk Electronica duet Myth of Her.
Sarah writes all of her own musical material and has been commissioned by Sound and Music to compose work for Kuljit Bhamra’s Portfolio scheme, writing for Tabla, Harp and Marimba.
- Principle Musician - Richard 2nd at Shakespeare's Globe - 2019 (Directed by Adjoa Andoh and Lynette Linton, Music Composed by Dominique Le Gendre)
- Composer and Musical Director - Tartuffe at Royal Shakespeare Company - 2018-2019 (Directed by Iqbal Khan)
- Sound Designer - She Bangs the Drums Contact Theatre - 2018 (Directed by Sh*t Theatre)
“Sarah’s voice and presence held the audience captivated. A unique sound and performer”
- audience member on Playing at Music as Medicine, Wonder Inn, October 2017)
“And so began a begetting of textures unrivalled within the days experience from little children over to lovers walking by, and the old folks just wanting to sit and listen, the music of both acoustic and technology did sigh a relief in the darkened hall”
- audience member on playing at Manchester Museum, October 2017)
Photography by Mat Johns, Melanie Webb, Sam Golanski, Robert Downes and Cheldon Pro F Fingers.
Website by Bridget Fiske.
Video work by Spraoi Productions. Track by Mogwai.